Hey gang! I thought I would give you my most recent recipe for jalapeño popper filling! We ALWAYS get a huge amount of jalapeños either from family, or our garden, or we buy them locally because my husband is a jalapeño fanatic! Poppers are one of his favorite snacks. This recipe contains more ingredients than the standard cream cheese and bacon-but I promise you the extra effort is worth it!
Cook these delicious poppers until they are golden brown. You can use the broiler at the very end for 1-2 min for crispy bacon or prosciutto, and a golden brown filling!
- 10-20 jalapeños. This recipe makes lots of filling, but no worries because it is also an excellent veggie or cracker dip! 1 package of prosciutto or bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, or grated asiago cheese
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Cut all the jalapeños in half lengthwise and de-seed.
- Step 3 In a stand mixer or with your hand mixer mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Step 4 Next fill each half of jalapeño with the filling mixture, and then wrap with a half piece of bacon or prosciutto.
- Step 5 Place the filled/wrapped jalapeños on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and place in the oven. If you used bacon to wrap your poppers in allow it to cook 20-30 min or until the bacon is done. If you used prosciutto, these will be done much more quickly-so watch carefully. I generally allow them to bake for approximately 10-15 min, until the filling is bubbly, and then place them under the broiler for another 1-2 min until the prosciutto or bacon is crispy!
I hope you enjoy this one! Let me know in the comments!!