In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been in a real caramel mood lately. The weather has been getting a bit cooler-especially in the evenings, and early mornings…perfect for a cozy drink! This hot beverage contains one of my favorite adaptogenic herbs, Maca root! I love this herb because it has a nearly complete amino acid profile, as well as a plethora of vitamins and minerals! It truly does give me a great boost of energy. Adaptogenic herbs help your body buffer the physiologic effects of environmental, physical, and mental stress!
This is what Caramel Stevia looks like, just in case you are unfamiliar with it:
Oh and one more thing, here’s a shout out to my favorite coffee roasters in town!! This coffee makes the morning so much nicer!!
Browned Butter and Maca Caramel Latte
A warm cozy drink for Fall-ish mornings!
- 1c. Strong brewed coffee
- 3 TBSP browned butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. cashew milk
- 1/4 tsp caramel stevia glycerite
- 1 TBSP Maca Root powder
- Heavy cream
- 5-10 drops Caramel Stevia Glycerite
- Drizzle of browned butter.
- Step 1 Begin by brewing strong coffee. I like to do this in my french press. I also like to use a good quality coffee like the one I have pictured in this post!
- Step 2 Put the 3T grass-fed butter in a small sauce pan and melt. Whisk this constantly on medium heat until you see brown flecks in the butter-this is browned butter.
- Step 3 Next slowly pour the cashew milk into the browned butter and whisk. Add in the caramel stevia, Maca root powder, and vanilla extract.
- Step 4 Place the milk mixture into the blender along with the brewed coffee, and blend on high speed until well mixed together-this helps prevent maca chunks and makes your drink nice and frothy!
- Step 5 If you are making the whipped caramel cream, pour about 1/2-1 cup cream into a mixer bowl, and whip on high speed until whipped cream has formed. Put 5-10 drops of caramel stevia into the whipped cream and mix until just incorporated.
- Step 6 To serve, pour the latte into cups, top with whipped cream, and a drizzle of browned butter and enjoy!