Ok, everyone! As promised…THE BROWNIES!! These are so good that it’s hard to believe that they are good for you! The pumpkin I used was our garden pumpkin that I froze in December of last year. I got cold quickly last fall, so I harvested the pumpkins early, and they turned orange while setting on my kitchen counter-hence the December processing time. This is also why this recipe is listed under my “freezing” heading on the blog-I utilized frozen pumpkin to make it. One note on this recipe: Try to source the best quality cacao powder you can. A raw, organic cacao provides lots of B vitamins and magnesium, which helps calm and soothe. This is so helpful for when you are having a “hide-in-the-laundry-room-and-have-a-brownie” kind of day! Our bodies pump through the magnesium and B vitamins during stress-or even with environmental stresses!
I also just wanted to show you what Caramel Stevia Glycerite is. If you have never tried this, run out and find some soon!
Also other local ingredients include Vogl Homestead eggs! I cracked one today that was so bright orange! That’s super nutrition right there!! So without further ado, here it is!
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Super moist garden bounty brownies that are healthy!! Have one for breakfast!!
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1.5 c. Almond Flour
- 3/4 c. Swerve sugar replacer-you could use honey if you wish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 T. Cacao Powder
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp caramel stevia glycerite
- 1/8 c. filtered water
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
- Cheesecake Swirl:
- 4 oz. Organic cream cheese
- 1 TBSP Pumpkin puree
- 10 drops Carmel Stevia
- 1 tsp Swerve sugar replacer-again, you can use honey if you wish.
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 350 F, and grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil
- Step 2 Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3 In another small mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Set aside.
- Step 4 Using a stand or hand mixer, mix together all the cheesecake swirl ingredients.
- Step 5 Pour all your wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Pour this brownie batter into the 8×8 prepared baking dish.
- Step 6 Dollop the swirl ingredients onto the brownie batter. Using a butter knife slice through the brownie batter and the cheesecake swirl, to make the swirl pattern.
- Step 7 Place the brownies in your preheated oven on the middle rack for 20-25 min. The consistency at this point will be very moist. If you prefer a crispier brownie, leave them in the oven for 25-35 min. Watch carefully so they don’t burn!