My son came up with the name for this recipe! I created these for them the other night and they all licked their plates clean! This is a simple recipe and it’s great for those times when you have forgotten to get any meat out of the freezer to thaw, and it’s 5pm! This recipe still uses some local goodies and is very nutrient dense and filling!
The Best Salmon Patties with Cucumber Dill sauce
Quick and easy salmon patties with cucumber dill sauce
- For the Salmon Patties:
- 3-Six oz cans of salmon drained. Try to get the best quality possible-wild caught, BPA free cans, etc.
- 1/2 c. Mayo
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 c. almond flour
- For the Cucumber Dill Sauce:
- 1/4 c. Mayo
- 1/4 c. Sour cream
- 1/2 md. cucumber-chopped into small pieces
- 1 TBSP fresh dill
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- For frying the patties:
- 3 T. Avocado Oil-Or any other oil that withstands high heat without oxidizing such as tallow, lard, or butter.
- For serving:
- 1/2 c. Arugula or salad mix per plate
- Step 1 Mix together all the salmon patty ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Step 2 Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and melt your cooking oil. I used avocado oil.
- Step 3 Form patties from the salmon mix and carefully place them in your heated/oiled skillet. Careful not to over crowd them because it will make flipping them difficult.
- Step 4 Cook these over medium heat for about 2.5 min per side, more if you like a crispier patty, but be sure not to over cook and burn.
- Step 5 Next mix all the ingredients for the cucumber dill sauce in a bowl.
- Step 6 To serve, put 1/2 cup arugula into each plate, top with two salmon patties, and a large dollop of cucumber dill sauce! You can garnish with a bit of fresh parsley.
The local produce I used for this recipe:
All the fresh herbs were from our backyard gardens
The cucumbers were from Mauro Farms
The arugula was from Ahavah Farms
The egg was from Vogl Homestead
And there you have it! A quick, easy, delicious dinner!